Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monday's Lunch: Simple & Recipe

I did some baking today. Kind of scary, me in the kitchen, with the oven on, baking. The oven for me is used for pizzas, lasagnas, casseroles and chicken...baking and I do not mix well. But I'm happy to say that these muffins turned out awesome and I'm pretty freaking proud of myself!

In this bento:
*Banana Bread Nutella Muffins
*2 frozen strawberry yogurt stars
*Red grapes
*Salami and Colby Jack cheese slices
*Halloween gummy bears
 
Banana Bread Nutella Muffins 
  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  •  
    1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
    2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
    3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
    4. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
    5. Add the flour last, mix. Or you can skip all of those steps and use a boxed mix, whatever tickles your fancy.
    6. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray.
    7. Fill each muffin cup 1/4 the way up with batter.
    8. Add a dollop of Nutella in the middle of each muffin.
    9. Top each muffin with remaining batter until each cup is 2/3 the way full.
    10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
    11. Cool in tin for 3 minutes then remove to rack.
    12. Enjoy and again thank me later!
     
    Due to the fact that in 1492 Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue...I have tomorrow off of work!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment