Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week in bentos: mash up of a few weeks

I've lost track of days and weeks. My bad!

Strep ran through the house...again! Griddles was the culprit...again. She really can't seem to catch a break.

We received the results of her Sitz Marker test. She has an incredibly slow digestive system, the right side of her colon is much slower than her left and therefore causes her to get blocked up because the left side is trying to overcompensate for the right.

She has officially been put on a dairy free diet (again) until we meet with the doctor. Hopefully when we see him again, we will have another step in the right direction to follow to get her figured out.

To top it all off, Dad left this morning for a few weeks...again! Hopefully this will be the last time for awhile. We could use a break.

Here is what I can promise though. With everything that has happened in the last 6 months with Griddles' gut, Dad being gone all the time and having to travel to another city for her doctor's appointments, I decided to leave my job on a full-time basis and will start part-time soon to be able to spend more time with the minions. Do you know what that means?

That means waaaaaaay better lunches!!!!!! I hope. I've been exhausted and stressed, so the lunches have suffered. Here is to more time, more creativity and more spunk!

Here is a mash-up of the bentos that I packed. I have no idea what day was what, so just a picture and explanation (if I can even remember what was in each lunch).

#1 Bentos:
*Peanut butter, honey and banana sandwiches
*Enjoy Life chocolate chip cookie
*Raspberries (Bubs), Red grapes (Griddles)
*Lunchbox Love Notes
*Bubs: "You're the best thing that ever happened to me!"
*Griddles: "I love you more than you can ever imagine!"
 
#2 Bentos:
I remember this is Bubs' lunch, Griddles was home sick
*Diced chicken
*Cheese stick
*Banana chips
*Potato salad
*Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip cookie
 
#3 Bentos:
*Thermos of noodles with creamy cauliflower sauce
*Rolled chicken slices
*Enjoy Life gingersnap cookie
*Banana chips
*Carrots
 
#4 Bentos:
Griddles' lunch only, Bubs had birthday lunch with his teacher,
even though his birthday is in November
*Homemade turkey meatballs
*Enjoy Life Apple granola bar
*Trail mix
*Strawberries
 
#5 Bentos:
*Ranch NutThin crackers
*Soy strawberry yogurt (I find it nasty, but the kids like it)
*Homemade dairy free egg salad
*Carrots, sugar snap peas and broccoli
 
~*~Have a good week!~*~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment