Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Strawberry Banana Cream Treats

I am at home with a sick Bubs today. Not a pretty thing, let me tell you....or maybe I won't. But I will say that I am really tired of people in my house being sick. If it isn't one, it is the other. This is definitely not my style.

I decided to take the opportunity to be a domestic lady, and by domestic I mean, clean, laundry, and cook. While Bubs ate plain mashed potatoes to settle his gut, I created this special treat: Strawberry Banana Cream Treats.

So, I know you are supposed to describe foods to people so they can understand and maybe get a grasp of how it would taste, but I hate the word "creamy", so I'm not going to use it. Instead I will say that these are FREAKING delicious! And to make things even better, so stinking easy. It is almost sad how easy they are.

Strawberry Banana Cream Treats
Ingredients:
*Banana Cream Jell-O pudding (small box, I used the sugar free, fat free kind)
*2 cups skim milk
*12 large strawberries

Method:
1. Cut tops off of strawberries, place in blender and puree until smooth.
2. In a bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk pudding powder with the 2 cups of milk. Whisk for 2 minutes.
3. In small cups, popsicle maker thingies, small containers or whatever you want to use, fill halfway with pudding mixture. Top with strawberry puree.


4. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.



5. Enjoy.

This recipe made 9 of the small white paper cups that I used.

In hind-sight I should have used small containers with lids on them to be able to pack these in Bubs' lunch. Oh well, now I know for next time.

While we are on the subject of next time...I might use the cheesecake flavor pudding, YUM!!

*Variation #2: Instead of freezing, place in the refrigerator until the pudding is firm (20ish minutes?). When ready to eat, stir the strawberry puree into the pudding. YUM!

P.S. I take these pictures on my phone...so don't judge me please?

1 comment:

  1. You really need to know that you are making me look bad as a mommy!!!! :) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete