1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
2/3 cup milk
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg beaters)
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (I use homemade)
1 cup Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
3. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water, mix well.
4. In large bowl add muffin mix, milk and egg, mix well.
5. Add cheese and corn to muffin mixture, mix well.
6. Stir in taco meat mixture.
7. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
8. Fill each cup with muffin mixture.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes (mine were done after 16 minutes).
Because this batch makes so many muffins, it is a great idea to freeze them and have back up for days you just don't want to get creative with lunch. I know one of those days will be coming up soon for this girl!
I cannot take all the credit for this recipe. Shannon over at BentoLunch.net has awesome ideas and she did a whole week dedicated to lunch time muffins. I took her initial idea of the corn muffin mix and tweaked it to make my kid happy with his tacos.
Let me know how you like them!