What we did make are crepes and pumpkin muffins. The crepes were super easy, incredibly yummy and Bubs ate the mess out of it for breakfast.
I initially wanted to stuff them with peanut butter, banana and honey. But, when I opened the pantry I realized we were almost all out of peanut butter, so we went to the next best thing, Nutella.
Here is the crepe with Nutella and banana.
Here he is eating his breakfast. He was so happy!
Gluten Free Crepes
*1 cup milk
*1 T. oil
*1 T. sugar
*2/3 cup gluten-free flour mixture
1. Beat eggs in a bowl until frothy. Add milk and oil. Mix well.
2. Add sugar and flour. Mix until there are no lumps.
3. Add oil to a small skillet, heat.
4. Add enough batter to coat the pan. Flip ones the edges are brown and dry.
5. Cook for a few more seconds on the other side. Do not burn.
6. Fill with whatever you desire, sweet or savory. Enjoy!
Makes 4 crepes.
After breakfast and swimming lessons we decided to start our baking extravaganza. It was fun and it was sooo easy! I kind of cheated on the pumpkin muffins. I had purchased a box of vanilla cake mix and I had a can of pumpkin in the pantry. What is easier than mixing the cake mix with a can of pumpkin? Nothing! Even a 7 year old can do it!
Here is a muffin fresh out of the oven. It kind of looks like a Dr. Seuss character.
It tastes awesome with butter on it and warmed up in the microwave. YUM!