Sunday, May 6, 2012

Saturday's Snack: Road Trip!

The best friend is getting married in September. I am fortunate enough to have been asked to be a bridesmaid. The unfortunate part is that I live in Montana and she lives in North Carolina (my home). This is unfortunate because I need to go to a specific store to get my dress and this store is 3 hours away. But she is worth it.
Yesterday we packed the kids in the car and drove the 3 hours to the store so I could try the dress on and order it. I knew the kids would be hungry about halfway there, so mama got smart and made snack bentos!

In these bentos:















*Half a peanut butter and apply jelly sandwich
*Fruit leather shape (rocket ship for Bubs, butterfly for Griddles)
*Babybel cheese
*Mini blueberry muffin
*Apple/Strawberry squeezable applesauce
*Fruit punch juice box

Fun day trip! We also got to stock up on camping stuff from Cabelas! Love that store.

2 comments:

  1. I love everything in your lunches! Just curious what's the brand of your leather fruits. I bought my kids Simply Balanced Fruit Strips to try but they didn't seem to dig it. Are they the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I have Trader Joe's brand fruit leather. Unfortunately, we do not have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. However, my mom came out to visit last September and brought me 2 HUGE boxes of fruit leather from there because she knows I love it just as much as my little minions do. My favorite brand of fruit leather is actually called Stretch Island fruit leather, they can be found at regular grocery stores, but they are kind of expensive in my book. Hope this helps!

      Delete