Monday, February 20, 2012

Taste of "Mexico"

Tomorrow is Bubs' first day back to school after a long President's day weekend. We had a good weekend; family night on Friday night, shoe shopping and a hockey game on Saturday, the plague on Sunday and getting geared up for the week today. Part of gearing up for the week is to figure out lunches for the week.

Bubs picked Friday for hot school lunch so that means I only have 3 days to plan. He also said he wanted tacos for lunch. Packing tacos is not the easiest thing in the world. So, this mom decided to make tacos easier for little hands...Taco Muffins! Recipe will come in a post tomorrow...maybe...potentially...I plan on it, but it might not happen.



In this bento:
*Pineapple chunks (in small covered container)
*Cheddar cheese kebabs
*Taco Muffin
*Small container of sour cream
*Toy Story fruit snacks
Packed in: *Spongebob Squarepants sandwich container from Tupperware

Someone asked me how I pack his bentos so they don't get distroyed. Well, sometimes things happen and parts of his lunch end up in other parts, but we do a pretty good job of seperating everything, and covering things that could leak (i.e. the pineapple chunks). I also lay the box flat in his lunch box. He tells me often this he is good about keeping his "creative lunch" creative...that kid kills me, love him!



*Bento laying flat at the bottom of his lunchbox/lunchbag, whatever you want to call it. Juice box lays on top and right before we head out the door I throw an icepack (in the shape of a baseball or soccer ball) on the top.


All packed up and ready to go to school.
Of course my kid would have a skull lunchbox.
Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment